Hello DCHS Students and Families,
As we move forward with learning this semester, we wanted to share some information with you so that we are all on the same page as we navigate these new waters. We continue to thank you all for your patience, and remind you to reach out to us when you need assistance. Please continue to check your school email frequently as that will remain our main form of contact.
Hopefully you now have all the resources you need in order to work on your courses from home. Thank you to all you who picked up needed supplies last week, and kept your distance from others while doing so.
Information from Chinook’s Edge School Division can be found here: COVID-19 Information
Later this week, the information here will be posted to our website for easy reference.
Key things to know:
- Teachers are still available to teach and provide assistance with your work during normal school hours and days.
- We are best reached by email
- Need to chat?
- We will be hosting question sessions using Google Meet. Please email your teacher to set up a time to talk.
- The phone at the school will largely remain unanswered. You are free to leave a message should you choose but email will be the best and fastest form of communication. As no one is working at school, messages will only be returned when we are able to check the voicemail.
- Mike, our amazing Family School Wellness Worker, is still working too.
- He is best reached by email: email@example.com or call/text 403-588-4398.
- Should you require additional supports, the following contacts are available:
- 2-1-1 Community and Social Services Help Line
- 8-1-1 Health Link
- Access Mental Health 1-844-943-1500
- Crisis Line 403-266-4357
- Mental Health Help Line 1-877-303-2642
- Kids Help Phone 1-800-668-6868
- Our school space is closed. Please do not try to return books or assignments to school.
- If you are completing courses online, submit your assignments using the online platform. (Not sure how? Contact your teacher to walk you through it)
- If you are completing courses in paper booklets, check out this document for how to submit completed work.
- Finished with textbooks or coil books? Just hold onto them until the school is open, please.
- Wondering how you will be assessed?
- Exams/quizzes have been deferred until further notice
- We will assess your submitted work to determine your grade
- If you are having trouble submitting work, please let us know and we can help to troubleshoot the problem
- Not sure how much work you should be doing daily? Talk to your teachers to help you make a schedule
- How long will we be away from school?
- We don’t have any more knowledge than what has been in the news. The wording from the Government was indefinitely, which could mean any amount of time. Regardless of how long we are planning to support you along the way. We are hoping to be back as soon as possible.
- I’m a Grade 12 student. What do I need to know?
- Diploma Exams that were to be written in April and June have been exempted by the provincial government
- You still need to complete your coursework to earn a final grade and the credits that go with your courses
- We will reach out to each of you individually over the coming weeks to ensure you have a game plan to finish the credits necessary to graduate
We understand that each of you has different obligations and a different environment in which to learn now. Some of you have new responsibilities at home, some of you have limited access to technology, some of you need extra support in learning, some of you have other obstacles limiting the amount of time you can focus on your school work. We know that, and trust you to do your best to complete what you can- just communicate with us, and we’ll all make this work to the best of our abilities.
Stay home, stay safe, and stay connected- we hope to hear from you soon and frequently!